New! Zone "Tower of Power" Challenge!
We are so excited about the 2019 Foundation Reception – ” Building a Strong Future”. Our Emcee is Tammy McGregor, and our Keynote Speaker is Head Coach Andrea Fuentes. It will focus on the story and journey of our National Team as they have performed this year, and on the road to the Olympics, and all of the programs that the Foundation supports as part of the programs that help support the success of the National Team.
Here are the details of the rules for the contest:
The Winner of the Contest is the Zone that can build the tallest awards tower–“The Tower of Power” that supports a Gold Medal Awards tray with eight gold medals and a World Championship trophy (weighs 3.5 lbs.). The winner gets bragging rights, and a picture of the winning “Tower of Power” with the Zone featured on the Foundation website.
- The tower can only be built with Duplo blocks obtained from the Foundation Trustees.
- You will be provided a 12″ x 12″ base to build the structure.
- The structure must support a 13″ awards tray with eight gold medals and a World Championship trophy that weighs 3.5 lbs.
- How to obtain Duplo Blocks to build the Zone’s Tower:
- Each Attendee at the Foundation Reception will receive eight blocks
- Every Reception Sponsor will receive a block for every $10 donated
- Purchase blocks by making a donation to the Foundation–$10/block–Thru Convention up until the end of the contest. Use the donate form on this page. In the comments section write the ZONE name that you want your blocks to go to!
- People will give their blocks to the “Tower Masters” for the Zone–They will be designated by the colorful satchel to collect their Zone’s blocks in.
- The building may begin at the Foundation Reception, and must be completed at the time of the Foundation Presentation at the Board of Governors.
May the tallest and strongest Zone win! Tally board as of September 9, 2019 at 3:30 pm:
Early tallies show the following based on donations to date:
North Zone: 204 Blocks
East Zone: 422 Blocks
South Zone: 346 Blocks